Join Our Team
**WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT**
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is a part-time, seasonal position responsible for creating a memorable wine and customer service experience at our tasting room while promoting wine sales, enlisting new wine club members and providing wine education to customers. Tasting room associates will be responsible for the daily operations of the tasting room under the supervision of the Tasting Room Manager.
- Create a memorable experience for our customers
- Assure that opening and closing duties of the tasting room are completed under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager.
- Provide general tourist information and assist guests as local concierge.
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, and team members.
- Process tasting room transactions, both cash and credit on a Point of Sale system.
- Stock both wine and retail items.
- Available to work as needed on weekdays, holidays, weekends and as situations present themselves that may require working before or beyond scheduled work time.
- Support sales goals and management initiatives.
- Promote wine club membership.
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual.
- Maintain an open and efficient line of communication between Peninsula Cellars management and ownership.
- Assists in the responsibilities of daily housekeeping and maintenance requirements of the tasting room.
- Light yard work and grounds maintenance.
- Complete tasks delegated by tasting room manager or senior leadership in a timely, organized, cost efficient manner.
Personal Skills and Competencies
- Ability to perform tasks punctually.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Multi-task easily and efficiently.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Embrace and manage change.
- Organizes and prioritizes work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and have reliable transportation. Experience is not necessary, but experience in the hospitality industry is helpful.
Working at Peninsula Cellars is a fun and rewarding environment. If you love meeting new people, working in a fast paced environment, being a part of great team, and enjoy wine–then you’ll love working with us! What are some of the other benefits of working for Peninsula Cellars?
- Flexible Schedules
- Discounts on wine and merchandise
- Pleasant work environment
- Educational opportunities
- Seasonal Hours–great for educators, retirees, college students!
- Behind the scenes access to the wine making process
- Year round event opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
Fill out the information below, and we’ll get in touch with you. Available positions are often seasonal (April-November). Weekend availability is necessary.
Employment Inquiry Form
Please note this is not a formal application. Peninsula Cellars will contact qualified applicants. Thank You!